Pages

Saturday 30 July 2022

Our first adventure (which was very small and not very adventurous)

A gentle day out, not had one of them for far too long. Lovely drive into the Park after breakfast and a cheeky turn into a road which clearly said it was closed.


Which it was - but a little local knowledge can be a very useful thing and I knew I could still get to a small car park on the far side of the water.



Blue Bus enjoyed a terrific view all day:



When I eventually managed to tear myself away from the van and go for a walk it was rather lovely. In perfect temperatures and sunshine I was able to stroll along the closed road knowing the only vehicle I might encounter was the odd bike. Super views as I wandered along under Helvellyn, near total silence and it was quite, quite lovely. Until I got to the United Utilities version of The Bridge of Khazad-dรปm - You Shall Not Pass. Only you could if you clambered over a small wall and went around a rocky outcrop, which I chose not to do. So just a couple of miles on foot but very enjoyable they were.










I had a plan after that: lunch back at the van, then a walk in the opposite direction. Lunch was great, but I got too comfy, way way too comfy and spent the entire afternoon relaxed in my Blue Bus and read nearly a whole book. I kept thinking "wasn't I meant to be doing something else?" followed by "nah, the walk will still be here next week" The unaccustomed and total rest did me good, I think.


And the cherry on top of a perfectly iced cup-cake sort of day ๐Ÿง? I saw Helen Mirren! No, not that one:



This one:



She was parked outside a rather lovely pub/restaurant and what looked like production crew were getting stuff out of the back, I couldn't stop to take a photo so the dashcam will have to do.


The verdict from my first full day in Blue Bus?  ๐Ÿ’ Absolute Result ๐Ÿ’ . It is a very, very different experience from being in Bill, just about everything has to be done in a different, very intentional way but that's absolutely fine. I admit to having been a teeny bit concerned about how I would find the reduced "living" space (which is about a quarter of what I am used to) but it was lovely. Can't wait to get out next week and do it all over again ☺️ .



15 comments:

  1. Your first adventure in your new Blue Bus sounds absolutely lovely. Beautiful views and a relaxing time what more could you ask for. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty much perfect Eileen and absolutely no mobile phone signal either, so no interruptions :-)

      Delete
  2. Those views and the description of your day sound positively blissful! I'm so glad Blue Bus is proving to be a wonderful investment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite lovely Vix, I think BB and I are off to a very good start :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh my happy heart - that sounds like just what you needed and as soon as I realised WHICH Helen you meant I could hear a certain Susan Calman saying 'Hell-Anne' and it made me smile! Brilliant - keep these adventures coming xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... or may be she pronounces it more like ... 'HEh-Lan' what ever - it made me smile ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
    2. Happy Heart ๐Ÿ’š indeed. And then to see "Helen" quite made my day. I don't do any "fan thing" for anyone but after watching Susan on Strictly Come Dancing I grew to admire her a great deal. Hers are the only travel programmes I have ever watched (although I have to say your van and mine are much more comfortable than hers, which clearly she is not living in during filming ๐Ÿคช)

      Delete
  4. That sounds absolutely idyllic and it looks it too, no wonder you got yourself settled after lunch and didn't want to venture out again. It can do you the power of good to just get away from the ordinary, every-day life and take a break, even if it's just for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite right Jo, and thankfully Himself is not remotely bothered about my disappearing like this. It may have something to do with the fact that if I am out of the house I'm not finding jobs for him to do ๐Ÿ˜†.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a perfect little 'mini break' and a great way to try out Blue Bus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) And as you well know, smaller is often much simpler ☺️

      Delete
    2. Wonderful! Although Lily is most put out that you got to see Helen and she didn't. Xx

      Delete
    3. Thanks Jules, please send my sincerest apologies to Lily ๐Ÿš ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿš™

      Delete
  6. I've read this one too. As this may disappear into the ether as well I'll say no more. I'll email you though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I am mid-way through an email to you, but wanted to check all comments before I send it. xx

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, and to those who leave a comment, they are all very much appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Ž.

Comment moderation is enabled for posts older than 3 days. However, Blogger is still randomly assigning Spam designation to comments which are most definitely not and sometimes it takes me a while to find them and click publish, sorry if yours is delayed.

Because so many of us are having trouble getting Blogger to accept a sign-in so that we can leave comments I am trying the risky strategy of changing the settings to "Anyone". Spammers will be deleted as soon as I notice them.