Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2022

Mr DeMille, I am now ready for my close up

May I introduce you to the newest member of the family?

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present my Blue Bus (and take a moment to apologise for this and all future alliteration). There has been considerable cogitation, thinking and pondering but so far she has not told me what her real name is to be, clearly this vehicle has read Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats and will be keeping her true name under wraps for the time being. 🐈 🐈‍⬛ 😹



She is not new, but looks pretty sharp for a girl who has been around a little bit. VW T6.1, SWB, automatic, Ravenna Blue, and converted by Hillside Leisure who are approved by Volkswagen. She is a Birchover Classic with very blingy wheels thanks to the previous owner.

I had thought about this change on and off for many months but truly did not believe I would find such a lovely campervan so soon. I have now sold both my Devon Aztec van conversion and the Subaru, therefore Blue Bus is my daily drive and only vehicle.



We got home early Monday afternoon, and as I had to go out again at 5.15 there was not much time to do more than have a mug of tea, a cursory look at the extremely complicated software in the headunit, get changed and have something quick to eat.



Tuesday was (mostly) all about cleaning to my level of acceptance and starting to think what is going in which cupboard. After the last few days which have felt somewhat relentless, playing with the smallest Wendy House on Wheels to date will be a lovely way to ease into our new relationship  🚙 🤗.








19 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your new van! One day one will be mine, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you currently looking, or still at the dreaming stage?

      Delete
  2. 'Envious of Cornwall' here! Gorgeous van and I imagine many, many exciting adventures to come. Looking forward to reading about them . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, sorry - I don't want to rub it in 😔. I am looking forwarding to posting about adventures rather than all the fettling, but there are still a few things to be set up before I can go far from home.

      Delete
  3. I've given up the dream now so will enjoy 'following' you and other campervan owners on your travels. For a while I thought that setting up my Berlingo as a micro-camper would be a good thing, but after fitting it out (waste of time & money) I realised I had lost my confidence in going it alone particularly having no dog as company. My health and fitness is no good for camping any more - I need to accept the frailties of age! Home, garden and Kindle books are now my pastimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fab, Jayne, and a gorgeous colour. Small spaces like that (and our previous touring caravans, and to a certain extent our present static) force one to be very minimalistic and clever about what you actually need and store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right Sooze, and I am really looking forward having a good sort out. But now, I am going to curl up on the sofa with a fleece blanket and relax.

      Delete
  5. It looks very good....love the colour.
    Perhaps that is the sort of thing I need for some excitement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. If a van would give you excitement then go for it 🙂.
      I am just hoping for lots of quiet and relaxation!

      Delete
  6. Oh be still my beating heart! She is blue,💙 she is beautiful and she is blue 💙- what more can you ask!?! PS blue just might be my favourite colour ever!💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 💙 She is a Beautiful Blue Bus, isn't she? 💙

      Delete
  7. Your van is lovely Jayne and what a gorgeous colour. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, she is a very pretty girl and I have promised to take her to all sorts of lovely places 🥰

      Delete
  8. Well She is certainly very smart indeed. Good luck with the wheels! I hope that She has a loo (my principal requirement in a camper these days). I had a Bedford CF Autosleeper back in the '70s. It was pretty primitive by modern standards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham, yes she has everything necessary - a loo, a comfy bed and the means to make fresh tea & coffee! Funny just how little we really need when you strip it down.

      Delete
  9. She's blue, and I don't like many vehicles that are blue but she really does suit her colour AND of course you know she is a girl, just the way you knew that Bill was a boy. Her name would be Rebel if she were mine, she's going to join in your rebellious adventures and perhaps you will be leading each other astray ... in the best possible way of course. There will be much guzzling of tasty food and fuel as you make your way around the UK, and perhaps even further afield one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, hopefully before too long you will be able to judge for yourself whether it is a "good" blue or not 😆.
      Couple of things to iron out before I make any long trips, nothing horrendous but as you know most vans need tweaking to suit, so in reality I do not expect to get down your way until early Autumn.

      Delete
  10. Oooh! Jayne, she's beautiful. And soooo shiny! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tempted to say you can see for yourself when I am next down your way, I wonder what Lily will think 😉
      I'm well overdue visits to Sizergh, Conishead, Walney . . .

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, and to those who leave a comment, they are all very much appreciated 😎.

Comment moderation is enabled for posts older than 3 days. However, Blogger is still randomly assigning Spam designation to comments which are most definitely not and sometimes it takes me a while to find them and click publish, sorry if yours is delayed.

Because so many of us are having trouble getting Blogger to accept a sign-in so that we can leave comments I am trying the risky strategy of changing the settings to "Anyone". Spammers will be deleted as soon as I notice them.