Pages

Saturday 16 July 2022

Sewing

Hello my lovelies, it's been a few days but that is OK. I have been terribly tired but now I have told you about the long-Covid I no longer feel there is a need to apologise or explain - most liberating!

It will come as no surprise to anyone that there has been a little "Van Sewing". Nothing like the scale of past endeavours, Blue Bus does not need me to make fancy window covers (she has very fancy built-in blinds) or big quilts for the beds (there isn't room!) but I have managed some bespoke making for my lovely bus. There is more than this, but to be honest these are the bits which photographed the best πŸ˜‰.


First there is a "thing" which is both a bag for the Disklok security device and a cover to protect the steering wheel when it's in use. Made from a mat of Bill's which I have repurposed.










Decorating a little neoprene pouch so that my drink bottle fits into the door pocket without rattling around.





A new mat to fit the worktop, and one to cover the sink & hob glass lids.



I managed to scratch these on Bill by not making a cover immediately, lesson learned (and yes, there may have been a little extra effort to get those repeats to line up).







As yet there have not been any notable big (or small) adventures. We've popped out to the shops and around the local area, probably every other day, but a trip away is going wait until Blue Bus has been and had her own overnight stay back at the dealer. We have found a couple of small issues that are not surprising on a previously used vehicle and Hartley's will be fixing everything and more. Their customer service has been exemplary to date and I am very pleased we chose this company as our dealer. I will take her down next Thursday morning and collect on Friday afternoon. After that, the fun can begin properly!









14 comments:

  1. Anything with which one is so intimately connected needs personalising so it would be really strange if there wasn't work to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right Graham, but it does not feel like work - I enjoy all this messing around with fabric far too much πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  2. Everything you have made is so practical and colourful, I love the fabric of your worktop mats. Good to get those issues fixed now so you can enjoy many hassle-free adventures x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am resisting the temptation to which many VW owners succumb of having everything plastered with the brand logo but this fabric is just too cute.

      My first adventure will be back up to Scotland, but the one after is already planned in my head and includes a trip south and then a sharp turn right after Liverpool 😊

      Delete
  3. It's always nice to personalise bits and bobs. Practical doesn't have to mean boring when you're able to pretty things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I am going to have to be careful in this space though and somewhat more co-ordinated than I am used to, it is so small that I cannot do my usual of throwing every colour and pattern I've got into the mix and get away with it.

      Delete
  4. You HAVE been busy. It's good when you can learn from past experience exactly what you need to do to make this new partner in crime a more comfortable and scratch-free place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "New partner in crime" - oh, I like that, and when I tell my Blue Bus that is what you have called her I think she will chuckle!

      Delete
  5. Lovely personal (and practical) touches. I wonder where your first adventure will take you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jules πŸ™‚. In a way, the mini-adventures have already started - I went out last night and arrived early for an event. So I moved to the back of the van, settled down and enjoyed a very relaxing mug of tea. Yeah, could have done that with a car & a thermos but this was way more comfortable!

      Delete
  6. Not sure what happened to my comment (apart from the fact I posted it from my cell phone and it does not always see eye to eye with bloggerπŸ™„) so I shall try again :)
    It is lovely to see you making your blue bus into YOUR blue bus. BB will be all the better for her personalisation ❤️ stay safe and hydrated in this rather warm weather xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased to say you've not been consigned to the Spam folder, Kate, so I shall blame your phone & Blogger πŸ˜„
      Blue Bus is coming on nicely, helped by knowing I do not have to rush anything, it is not a race.
      I hope you and the lovely Miss will find an excellent "drink you can sit in" later, far too hot to go out now. 😎 🐾 πŸ’š

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, and to those who leave a comment, they are all very much appreciated 😎.

Comment moderation is enabled for posts older than 3 days. However, Blogger is still randomly assigning Spam designation to comments which are most definitely not and sometimes it takes me a while to find them and click publish, sorry if yours is delayed.

Because so many of us are having trouble getting Blogger to accept a sign-in so that we can leave comments I am trying the risky strategy of changing the settings to "Anyone". Spammers will be deleted as soon as I notice them.