Pages

Monday 20 November 2023

Glass half full

How can it possibly be more than a decade - ELEVEN YEARS - since I brought home a starved, terrified, bag of bones?



That same walking-skeleton-with-fur-sprayed-on who became Little Miss Perfect, the chunky monkey who never put a foot wrong.



I have released her Spirit; I did so long ago and know that she's out there somewhere living her very best afterlife with her original human. The person who must have treated her with love and kindness because once Daisy got through her initial fears we found a kind, gentle, incredible little dog who knew how to walk perfectly, obey commands, demand the dregs of a teacup and commandeer an entire sofa. She did not learn any of those things from a 'bad' first owner. When she was separated from that person it must have broken her heart as much as losing her broke mine.



I still miss her every day and my heart is still in two pieces, but these days I am mostly able to think of the walks, the cuddles, the good times we shared. There is nothing to be gained by allowing the pain to overshadow those special moments, and there were so many of them to treasure. With a world engulfed in such crap and disarray at present I need my glass more full than empty and rejoice in all that Daisy brought to my life.








I did not get nearly long enough with her but I did get time with a dear Soul who taught me so much, absorbed all the love that I had to give and, I think, loved me equally in return.






14 comments:

  1. What a lovely post about your beloved Daisy. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like such a special girl. They take our hearts, fill them with their love and hold onto them so carefully while they are with us, and then sadly they have to leave us behind ... taking just a little piece of it with them for safekeeping. One day we will be back together with all our furry family members and we will all be complete once more. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sue, always so lovely to hear from you. Hope you are enjoying all the time you now have to yourself :-),

      I know you understand about our furry people, xx

      Delete
  3. Such a touching post. A lucky dog, and lucky you to have had her so long. Hugs, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I don’t think you knew my previous blog which was completely taken over by Daisy πŸΎπŸ’š.

      We do not know exactly how old she was when we rescued her, the best guess was somewhere between 5 and 8 years, and she had 6 1/2 very spoilt years with me.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful and touching post. I've never owned a dog but Daisy looks like my dream dog, she was so pretty and sounded like an absolute joy to live with.
    That meme brought a tear to my eye. After having my heart broken over and over again by my beloved cats leaving me I never thought I'd share my life with another and then William walked in....xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Vix, I really thought I had already thanked you for this. I am so glad William barged in and adopted you.

      Delete
  5. Hello, I'm new here. I an SO sorry about the loss of your Daisy! We've loved and lost, as well...SO painful.
    Sending a prayer of peace to you...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. You’re very welcome at Bag End at your kind comments are much appreciatedc.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Daisy. You must miss her so much. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this Jules, sorry for the massive delay, horlixed my shoulder again so life is pretty much on hold at present.

      Delete
  7. The best dogs leave the biggest holes in our hearts, don't they? I love Daisy's ears. She looked like a very happy dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby, she was a very special girl and those ears πŸ₯° 🀭. Yes, the best ones do leave a cavernous sized hole, x

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, and to those who leave a comment, they are all very much appreciated 😎.

Comment moderation is enabled for posts older than 3 days. However, Blogger is still randomly assigning Spam designation to comments which are most definitely not and sometimes it takes me a while to find them and click publish, sorry if yours is delayed.

Because so many of us are having trouble getting Blogger to accept a sign-in so that we can leave comments I am trying the risky strategy of changing the settings to "Anyone". Spammers will be deleted as soon as I notice them.