Pages

Saturday 10 June 2023

Gosh, what a lovely surprise

Goodness - thank you so much.

I have been away from blogging for so long that I honestly thought my link would have been removed from most reading lists and that very few people, if any, would even know I was back.

Cannot tell you how lovely it has been over the last couple of days to see the page view counter ticking over and to receive comments - oh, especially the comments. That someone, somewhere actually cares enough to take a moment out of their day to write a little note still astounds me, thank you (hmm, already said thank you, but you cannot have too much politeness!)

I probably will not do this regularly but:

Sooze - you are very kind. I only mention the Long Covid as a catch-all explanation for why I am not who I used to be, this is NOT going to become a health-related blog. At this time I really do not intend to write much more about it, however as always I reserve the right to end up doing what the heck I want.

Beacee - your blog has been quiet for longer than mine {grins!}

Cathy - lovely to hear from you again.

Jules - I am so RUBBISH at keeping in touch, promise I'll try harder now.

Vix - Yes to all you said 😊 Inspired by your bathroom tiles, I decided to "tile" the splashback of Blue Bus and it's been a huge success and certainly adds to the loveliness to which I return after a day out, or even a trek around the supermarket.

My lovely sign is nothing more than the inside of a cardboard shoebox! The brand is Inov-8 who make fabulous outdoor shoes. I have saved a couple of these, protected with sticky back plastic both sides and have one in my study and one in the van, as you have seen.

It makes me smile Every. Single. Time. I. Look. At. It! And that is the only excuse I need.



Mrs LH - oh heck, I am so sorry for your loss. Truly, I do not believe there is grief like this. My sad conclusion is that you never get back to "normal", but eventually you stumble into a form of "new normal". But the loss of what is often called your "Heart Dog" is not something I believe you ever fully move on from - you are changed at a deep level and there is no going back.

(and the person who said to me "oh, just get another one" is a heartless bitch and thankfully no longer in my life).



Suffolk Sue - welcome back my dear. I've been away far too long and have much catching up to do.

Sue - I know you understand my dear, and thank you. Getting used to 'pacing' after having been so busy must be as hard for you as it is for me.

Rosie - yes, your earlier comment was published, thank you. I do understand about selfishly wanting other bloggers to carry on when you feel you can no longer do so. I guess that is where I have been for the last few months.




14 comments:

  1. Life should be full of things which make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene, I expect the garden will appear at some point :-}

      Delete
  2. Welcomed back with a bang eh, and yes you are back on my sidebar ... where you belong. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been rather lovely to be welcomed back so kindly. x

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you back blogging again Jayne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased this week to see you have posted. Looking forward to any new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I said on your last post (if I recall correctly) it's good to see you back. As for Covid there must be millions still suffering the after-effects. I was beginning to put mine down to advancing years but the lethargy has gradually diminished and I'm now in an acceptable new 'normal'. I wish the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, welcome back. Like you, I was prepared to attribute some of the fatigue issues to age but other symptoms (cardiac, pulmonary, neurological) are definitely not "just getting older". However, railing against the unfairness of this will not make me better, and I am always mindful that compared to many I am actually in damn good health. Just not the health I had before all this started 😞

      Delete
  6. I was so pleased to see you back in Blogland, dear Jayne. You're such a supportive and downright fabulous woman, my life is richer for having you in it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Vix, you just made my day . . . email already despatched, xxx

      Delete
  7. It has made me so happy to see your posts showing up on my blog feed this week.
    It is also lovely to be reminded of those ears again :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Jules, so happy to see you too, xx

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, and to those who leave a comment, they are all very much appreciated 😎.

Comment moderation is enabled for posts older than 3 days. However, Blogger is still randomly assigning Spam designation to comments which are most definitely not and sometimes it takes me a while to find them and click publish, sorry if yours is delayed.

Because so many of us are having trouble getting Blogger to accept a sign-in so that we can leave comments I am trying the risky strategy of changing the settings to "Anyone". Spammers will be deleted as soon as I notice them.