Pages

Wednesday 7 June 2023

Tentatively toe-dipping

This is a most tentative toe-dip into blogging again. It might be a one-week/one-month wonder, it might be something more lasting. As yet I have no idea of the potential longevity of this, but putting 'something' out there and once again sharing with those dear blogging friends who have been so important to me over the years feels like the thing to do.

Blue Bus and I have become firm friends over the past few months. Changing from having both a car and a van has been absolutely the right thing to do, and the luxury and privilege of taking my kettle on every single outing is not lost on me.



Long Covid is still a constant companion. When my brain is prepared to co-operate I read, research, think, and try to implement what solutions I can to cope with the changes this sodding virus has made to my life. I know I am not alone, it is estimated that millions of people around the world are dealing with the same (and often worse). I have absolutely zero hope or expectation that 'medicine' will come up with a satisfactory answer in anything resembling a timeline which could help me, so I do my best with what knowledge is out there and progress has been made. But little is written (yet) of the mental toll of the gallimaufry of symptoms and I have not read anyone talk about grief.

I grieve for who I used to be. For the "Energiser Bunny" who happily worked so many hours creating the garden at Bag End, took Daisy for lovely long walks, made quilts, managed a large house, and was still not tired. Coming to terms with grief is probably one of the hardest things - and I am not good at it.



A few days ago Blue Bus and I returned from a short break in a much loved location - the Mull of Galloway. It was unexpected bliss, and I will share more next time out. But for now, here's a little teaser:








Activity & energy is not the only thing which has changed. So has my Blogger username.












13 comments:

  1. Welcome back Jayne. Wonderful photos of a gorgeous place. I hope you can continue healing - we've been fortunate enough to have escaped Covid, so I can't imagine how awful the effects of Long Covid must be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you're back! Wishing you many happy adventures x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jayne, great to see the ‘Bag End Gardener’ back. There are miles and miles of country roads just waiting to weave their magic on you. Hopefully you’ll get to enjoy them this summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to see a post from you, Jayne. And I'm looking forward to reading more about your recent trip. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jayne, I'm so happy to see you back blogging again! Bus Bus is stunning, her interior so cosy and colourful, it must be like a warm hug return to that cheery haven after a day spent exploring.
    I love that photo of lovely Daisy and the sign about obsessive people - I need one of those. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! It's good to see an update from you. You have the van of (my) dreams there!! Photos of Daisy are always welcome❤. Grief is the most awful thing, it seems to never go away. I know this as I'm also grieving for a lost dog and I feel I'll never get back to normal. Sending best wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to see a post from you - Looking forward to lots more beautiful photos of all your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back Jayne, however long you decide to be here for will be a pleasure for us all.

    I too grieve for the life I had before Covid and back problems. To be able to garden in ten minute bursts and then have to sit for twenty is not ideal, but like in so many other things you have to learn to cope don't you. I do miss my sense of smell though ... eating out of date food is now even more of a lottery!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yessss! So, so good to 'see' you again. I hope you gradually get back to full strength and become able to enjoy trips in that lovely campervan - so cosy and homely and colourful. I look forward to accompanying you in spirit as you describe your jaunts and show us more lovely photos.
    I totally understand how you feel about continuing - or not - blogging; I never did take up my own blog again, despite starting several times, then deleting what I'd written. However, selfishly , I hope you are able to blog, even sporadically, 'cos I do love to take part in your campervanning.outings even though my own dreams of doing that have been dashed.
    Welcome back, dear Jayne - and try to keep putting one foot in front of the other! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS - I left a comment on your previous post after seeing you on Sue's (?) blog, writing about being out & about in the Blue Van.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to see you back, and still enjoying your adventures. I do miss the photo's of your lovely garden at Bagend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great pics, I hope you mange many more trips out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to see you back in Blogland. However infrequently, just knowing you are here (there) is fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, and to those who leave a comment, they are all very much appreciated 😎.

Comment moderation is enabled for posts older than 3 days. However, Blogger is still randomly assigning Spam designation to comments which are most definitely not and sometimes it takes me a while to find them and click publish, sorry if yours is delayed.

Because so many of us are having trouble getting Blogger to accept a sign-in so that we can leave comments I am trying the risky strategy of changing the settings to "Anyone". Spammers will be deleted as soon as I notice them.