Pages

Friday 28 July 2023

Home again, home again, jiggety-jig

Phew - landed back at Bag End around 4.00pm yesterday.

Blue Bus and I had a very relaxing drive down from Fort William taking a different route than that I usually follow; ignoring the A82/Loch Lomond and heading further east before I turned south was a brilliant decision and probably the quickest and most relaxing journey back from Scotland I have ever had. Of course it took longer than really necessary because I drove past a huge Antique Centre and it would have been rude not to pop in. 😊 😊

I have now got a huge quantity of laundry to do, a van to completely clean inside and out, and much thinking to work out how to organise 781 photos and share the best bits here. For now I will start with the last picture I took at the campsite this time yesterday morning when I stepped out of the van to complete silence:




It appears I holidayed in the one part of the country which has had relatively little rain over the last two weeks. Here it has rained a great deal and the garden has positively exploded in my absence. Good job that the entire month of August has officially been given over to "house and garden maintenance" with Husband supposedly signing up to help.





10 comments:

  1. The photos you've shown so far are simply gorgeous...all those wonderful views of lochs, hills and sky (moody or blue) really draw me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, this turned into a holiday (mostly) about looking at amazing views. I hope you will enjoy the rest of my pictures.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see your serene landscapes, sounds as if your rescheduled time away was bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were lucky to have had minimal rain, here the town has flooded in numerous places, the canal is right at the top of sidings and my plants have virtually floated away. The cucumber plant is LOVING it though.

    I love that photo, to wake up to that must have been magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to believe how I completely dodged the bad weather. There was a little rain, mostly at night, nothing that ever got in my way.

      Getting out of the van at very-early-o'clock with absolutely no-one else around was quite special. I knew I had a "lochside pitch" booked but I did not realise just how close to the water it would be.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I could say I've had more than my fair share of rain in recent weeks. The garden has loved it and I was grateful . . . but enough is enough, thanks. Heavy rain overnight and it has just stopped (at 11.30am). Can't wait to lose myself in more views like those you have supplied. Beautiful and calming. To think that I was eager to treat myself to a little solar fountain . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still cannot quite believe I went to Scotland and had no significant rain when the rest of the country was getting drowned out. There were even days of sunscreen and a T shirt 😮

      Delete
  5. A gorgeous photograph, it looks very atmospheric.
    My garden has also exploded, it's just a shame that it is mainly weeds! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how the fells can look if you get out early and catch the remains of low cloud in the valleys?
      It felt like that.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, and to those who leave a comment, they are all very much appreciated 😎.

Comment moderation is enabled for posts older than 3 days. However, Blogger is still randomly assigning Spam designation to comments which are most definitely not and sometimes it takes me a while to find them and click publish, sorry if yours is delayed.

Because so many of us are having trouble getting Blogger to accept a sign-in so that we can leave comments I am trying the risky strategy of changing the settings to "Anyone". Spammers will be deleted as soon as I notice them.